Saturday, October 25, 2008

Study effectiveness presentation

Last Tuesday, a group comprising myself, Anthony and Marie delivered a presentation summarising the results of the surveys we completed gauging the time each of us spent each day doing a variety of activities including study, work and recreation.

My section of the presentation specifically related to answering the hypothesis put to the class that around 10 hours of part-time work each week was related to improved study effectiveness than either no part-time work or excessive amounts of work. You can view the presentation I delivered in the embedded Slideshare below:


My section concluded our combined presentation - to make more sense of this, please make you way to the blogs of Anthony (1st presenter) and Marie (2nd presenter). When you read their blogs, you will likely see the answers to the open-ended points in my presentation when I handed over to them to talk about their study effectiveness.

Overall, it was tentatively concluded that the hypothesis was reasonably accurate and that around 10 hours each week of part-time work resulted in more effective study, with a more definitive answer to be reserved upon the completion of a more thorough study.

My next post will describe how I consider my own study effectivness to have been.

EDIT: I have altered the posting time to have this post come after the posts reflecting upon my time.

No comments: